What does a Salesforce Consultant do?
Saleforce Consultants can perform many different roles which can depend your level of experience, specialty and project type. As a junior conaultant you will usually perform simpler less valuable tasks while you observe and learn from your experienced colleagues. Once you have some experience you will be able to lead workshops and gather requirements and take on more responsibility. As you become more senior you will be leading projects, managing your teams and stakeholders.
Here are some tasks that a Salesforce consultant could perform:
- Creating project plans
- Managing project timelines
- Gathering requirements
- Building relationships with Stakeholders and managing their expectations
- Raising project risks early with mitigation actions
- Managing a functional and technical team
- Change Management
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Certifications to take as a Salesforce Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Education Cloud Consultant
- Experience Cloud Consultant
- Field Service Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant
- Omnistudio Consultant
- Paradot Consultant
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
- Tableau CRM Einstein Discovery Consultant
What is a Freelance Salesforce Consulant?
Freelance Consultants are self employed and usually work directly for the customer for a specific period of time. They are paid higher rates but they have to manage other aspects that employed consultants don’t need to worry about. While it may seem attractive to get paid more you need to look at the whole picture so that you are well informed before taking the leap. We will discuss this in more detail in another post.
Salesforce Certifications | Salesforce Training | Salesforce Partner